Thursday 19 May 2011

Drink, Shop & Do

This week I finally had the pleasure of a visit to 'Drink, Shop & Do' on Caledonian Road (mere seconds from King's Cross) with my favourite tea buddy Emily!

The premise of this place is pretty much what it says on the preverbial tin: i.e. you can drink tea (&/or cocktails), you can buy pretty much everything in the place (including the furniture) and much more in their front-of-house shop and you can even join in & do one of their various classes/activities.  These range from the wonderful sounding 'Scrabble Sundays' to cocktail-enhanced crafty classes such as 'Project Crochet'.


The 'Drink, Shop & Do' Afternoon Tea consists of a generous selection of lil' sandwich triangles and a slice each of both orange and almond cake and carrot cake.  The endlessly celebratory cake stands are cheekily topped off with a handful of pick'n'mix sweets.  It isn't a 'fancy' selection but everything is well made and nicely thought out which I personally prefer over mediocre attempts at extravagance.  The only bone I'd bother picking would be the lack of scones but I have to quietly admit that I didn't really miss them...sacrilege I know. 

There were three Afternoon Teas to choose from amongst several other cake-based options as well as savoury offerings.  At £12 a pop for their basic Afternoon Tea, I would happily add this to the 'thrifty' group without having to compromise on quality.



The building itself was pretty impressive, as were the lovely, smiley staff and you would never, ever run out of things to look at!  They even have a room at the back which can be hired for parties etc..

If it isn't already obvious...I fell a little in love with this place

R x

No comments:

Post a Comment